Monday 17 February 2014

Welcome

As a person who loves to read, write, procrastinate and scroll the endless quantity called the Internet, creating a blog seems like the perfect idea that combines all four of these pastimes into one great big adventure. As a person who is extremely lazy and unmotivated, it seems destined to fail. That's why, from the birth of this idea to the first post, a space of about two years has past. I've always thought that I won't have time to keep it updated, that I'll lose interest after a few mediocre posts or that I just won't ever want to write for it. Besides, who would ever want to read it, anyway?

But two years went by and I still couldn't shake the idea that I should somehow share my passions with others. I still wished that I had a blog, but at the same time, I wished that I'd created it years and years ago and that it was already quite popular and I was easily able to make regular posts and that all the benefits of having some sort of online presence were falling right into my lap. I wanted to have a masterpiece, but I didn't want to invest time into the hard work of setting everything up and the slow process of gaining popularity through regular above average posts and shameless self-advertising. Obviously, for all of those benefits to begin to flow my way, I had to create something that was worth someone else's attention. 

So here I am, attempting to write that initial post that is sort of an introduction but without making any promises so that if I never post anything again, no one will know that I've failed at this project because I never made a written commitment to anyone else. So I'm not going to give the standard introduction of what this blog is about and what to expect and what sorts of things I'll be writing about, partly because I don't want to give false hope, but also because I don't even know yet. In saying that, I love books, movies, YouTube, Diet Coke, roses (the flowers, not the chocolates, but I love chocolate too) and television. Some of those things are blog-worthy, and some aren't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Let the adventure begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment