Monday 15 September 2014

Things I Hate - Book Edition Part Two

**A note on my notes: These are my opinions only.**

I still hate a lot of things. 

A few weeks ago now I made a post that listed all the things that I hate in regards to books. As soon as I posted it, I thought of a couple more things that really just get on my nerves. So this is part two of Things I Hate - Book Edition. 

1. Big font
I will often not buy a copy of a book that I really really want if the font in it is huge. And I'm not talking about books that are specifically designed for those with poor eyesight, I'm just talking about normal books on the shelves that have huge font. It makes me so angry because it makes the book appears so much longer than it actually is, which I really don't understand because people are drawn to shorter books, right? So why don't you make the book look shorter by giving it a normal font size!!

2. Books that are really tall or really short
I don't understand why publishers make books all sorts of different sizes. I really don't like reading from books that are really tall because it feels weird, and the same goes for those mass produced paperbacks that are really short. Books should all be the same size and it's really not that hard to make them that way. 

3. People who don't read certain kinds of books
If you're the kind of person who turns your nose up at people who read anything other than classic literature, PLEASE GET OVER YOURSELF. You're not any better than any other person based on the fact that you exclusively read classics. Also, people who look down upon YA and children's books. Seriously?

4. Stickers
If you want to ruin a book quickly, put a sticker on it. If you want to really make me angry, put the price sticker over the synopsis so I have no idea whether I want this book or not. If you want to further piss me off, put a sticker telling me this book will soon be a movie smack bang in the middle of the front cover. WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

5. Series that aren't numbered
Is it really that hard to put a tiny number on the spine of a book that tells you what book in a series it is? Really? Is that actually too much to ask for? 

6. Character names
Authors know that their readers can't listen to how their character names are pronounced. That's not a thing yet. SO WHY DO THEY STILL GIVE THEIR CHARACTERS NAMES THAT NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA HOW TO PRONOUNCE?  

You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to me on YouTube here.

No comments:

Post a Comment