Monday 4 August 2014

Embarrassing Unread Authors

If you haven't already guessed, I read quite a lot of books. Despite this, there are still some authors that are insanely popular, have written insanely popular books or are simply highly praised that I have never read. For example, it wasn't until about May this year that I read my first ever John Green, Rainbow Rowell or Markus Zusak novel. I know, it's shameful. So here are 5 authors who I'm embarrassed to say I have never read.

1. Neil Gaiman 
This really upsets me because I really want to read The Ocean at the End of the Lane and The Graveyard Book, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

2. Patrick Ness
I saw a review on More than This, which made me extremely interested in Ness as an author, but I never got around to picking up the book.

3. Brandon Sanderson
I am huge fan of books of either fantasy or dystopian genres that cross over with science fiction, so I know that I would absolutely love so many of Sanderson's novels. Alas, I own none and have read none.

4. J.R.R Tolkien
No, I haven't read Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit. I own them, but I've just ever gotten around to reading them which is a real shame because I think I could be really invested in the world.

5. Rick Riordan
For someone who watches the BookTube community (and now even makes videos myself!!), it's very surprising that I haven't been convinced to read the Percy Jackson series. I saw the first movie when it came out and it just really put me off reading the books.

Those are five authors that I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read. However, I plan on reading at least one book by each of these authors (except maybe Rick Riordan) by the end of the year. If you have any embarrassing authors like me, let me know!! Happy Reading!

You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can follow me on Instagram here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to my on YouTube here


No comments:

Post a Comment