Friday 24 October 2014

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - Review

**A note on my notes: This review will be spoiler free if you have read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight.**


"Queen of Traitor? Only she can decide."

Heir of Fire starts off with Celaena in Wendlyn. She's desperate to find some answers regarding the Wrydkeys and how to stop the King from using them. In order to do so, she's forced to spend several months training with a Fae warrior called Rowan, and Celaena is not very keen on this at all. The novel also follows Chaol and Dorian back in Adarlan, as well as introducing some new perspectives.

The Good
This book introduces a lot of new characters, and I loved all of them. All of their voices were different, and it was very easy to tell when the perspective changed, which is always a sign of a talented author. Heir of Fire brings a lot (and I mean a lot) more information about the world the story is set in. There's a lot more backstory and a lot of new discoveries that answered some of the many questions I had after reading Crown of Midnight. The last 100 or so pages of this book just take it to a whole new level, and I read the end section probably twice as fast as I read the beginning.

The Bad Slightly Less Than Good 
It took me a lot longer to get into this book that it did for the first two. But the ending really made up for it, so I wasn't bothered at all by the extra time it took me. This book is also a lot longer than the first two, which again, isn't a bad thing at all... It just means that it takes a little longer to get through. Other than that, I can't really fault this book at all.

The Recommendation
Obviously, if you've read the first two books, then you should 100% continue on with the series. If you haven't read the first two books, you really need to. They're amazing. I've done reviews for them here and here. I've also done video review for all three books on my YouTube channel, which is linked at the end of each post. I've you're into any kind of fantasy, then you will really love this series.

You can find out more about Heir of Fire here
You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to me on YouTube here.

No comments:

Post a Comment