Monday 13 October 2014

Reign Season One - Review

**A note on my notes: This review is spoiler free.**

Reign tells the story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power. The series begins with Mary returning to the French castle at age fifteen, and follows her as she tries to navigate her way through French Court with her four best friends and ladies in waiting. The show is very much a drama with many romances and betrayals.

The Good
I saw this show advertised on social media as Gossip Girl in the medieval era, which is why I started watching it. And I absolutely love this show! There is always so much going on; there are so many plot lines that begin before its preceding one concludes. I really enjoyed the acting for every character. The setting is always beautiful, as is the costumes (the dresses the girls get to wear are always so gorgeous). The episodes are easy to watch and the storylines are very easy to follow. This show is so addicting and the cliffhangers immediately made me want to watch the next episode.

The Bad
Like all good dramas, there is obviously a lot of dramatic elements to the show. There are so many betrayals, so many problems to be dealt with that sometimes the show can seem to be a bit repetitive. Characters sometimes make the same mistakes more than once, which can be frustrating for the audience.

The Recommendation 
If you're a fan of Gossip Girl or any drama that's similar, then I recommend that you watch this show. It's very addictive, so make sure you start it at a time where you can binge watch it if necessary.

Happy Watching

You can find out more about Reign here
You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can add me as a friend of Goodreads here.
You can subscribe to me on YouTube here.

No comments:

Post a Comment