Sunday 13 July 2014

BookTubeAThon 2014 TBR!!

If you're unaware, from the 14th to the 20th of July BookTubeAThon is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BookTubeAThon is a readathon that was created for people who make videos about books rather than blog posts. At the moment, I don't make YouTube videos; however, I am an active member of the BookTube community and I absolutely love watching book related videos. Because of this, I am still participating in the 2014 BookTubeAThon and I plan on blogging my progress, rather than vlog it. This is my first year participating and I am 100% excited.

Just a slight disclaimer: I don't read very fast. 
Because of this, I've only chosen four books for my TBR pile, and I'm not even sure that I'll get through those. Hopefully I do though, because that will mean I'll be only one book behind schedule for my 2014 reading challenge of reading 50 books.

As well as trying to read as much as you can, the BookTubeAThon has a list of seven reading challenges and seven video challenges. I obviously won't be completing any of the video challenges (although I will be posting daily updates this week here on my blog as well as on Twitter), but I do aim to complete five of the reading ones. So without further ado, here is my 2014 BookTubeAThon TBR!

1. Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carol (Alice in Wonderland #2)

I read Alice in Wonderland earlier this year, and have been meaning to get through the second instalment for a while. I have the Vintage Classics bind-up edition and I'm excited to finally cross this book off the list and move it off my TBR shelf/section/pile. This book covers two challenges, the first one being read a book with pictures in it - my edition has really intriguing black and white illustrations in it. The second challenge this book completes is to read a book and watch it's associated movie, in which I will probably be watching both the animated version and the more recent version because I love them both.

2. Unwind by Neil Shusterman (Unwind #1)
I bought this book at the end of 2013 because I saw a short film of one of its scenes on YouTube. I loved the video and I found it extremely interesting, so I decided to buy the book, and it's been sitting on my shelf ever since. This book covers challenge number three: read a book with red on the cover. I've heard really good things about this book so I'm excited to finally get around to it.

3. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
I am a huge fan of classic dystopians - The Clockwork Orange, Nineteen Eighty-Four and Animal Farm are some of my all-time favourite novels. I picked up Brave New World last year because I knew that I would love it, but I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. This one covers the fourth challenge: read a book someone else picked out for you. A few books ago, I asked my boyfriend to picked which book to read next and he chose this one because he really liked it. I didn't feel like reading it at the time though so I'm going to read it now.

4. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
I have never read a Sherlock book, or any of the short stories. I did see one of the recent movies and I loved it, so I recently bought this compilation of short stories and I've been super keen to dive into it. This book completes the challenge of reading a book of the genre that you've read the least this year. I don't think I've read any mystery novels, or any short story bind-ups at all in 2014, so this book is the perfect choice.

There are two more challenges in the list: start and finish a series and read seven books/average 300 pages a day. I don't own any complete series at the moment and I don't think that I'll get seven books read in seven days so I'm not setting any goals to complete these two.

I'm super excited to read these books over the next week! If you're participating in the BookTubeAThon, I'f love to here how you're going, so visit my Contact Me page to get in touch. I would strongly recommend trying to read as much as you can next week, even if you don't want to participate fully. The BookTubeAThon is all about uniting people through literature, which is a fantastic cause and one I'm privileged to be a part of. Good luck!

You can follow me on Twitter here.
You can find out more about the BookTubeAThon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment