Monday 14 July 2014

BookTubeAThon Day One!

The first day of BookTubeAThon is nearly over! Today has been pretty successful for me and I'm happy to say that I'm on track with my goals and the challenges.

The weekend just past was a huge one for me, so I was way to tired to stay up until midnight for the beginning. Because of this, I started reading today at around 10am and have been reading for the most part of today.

To start off with, I picked up Through the Looking Glass. As most of you probably know, Alice in Wonderland is complete nonsense; the characters are ridiculous and the plot is almost non-existent (or at least not coherent), and that is exactly what the story is supposed to be like. Because of this, I moved through the book pretty slowly because there were no cliffhangers to keep me hooked on the story. I did quite enjoy it though, and I'm glad I've finally read it.

Through the Looking Glass completed two challenges for me: reading a book with pictures and reading a book and watching its associated movie. I haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet, but I will try and get to it later in the week. So far then, I've completed one and a half reading challenges!

I also started to read Unwind by Neil Shusterman tonight and have so far read 90 pages.This book covered the challenge of reading something with red on the cover. Hopefully, I'll get through a bit more of this book tonight and my goal is to finish it by the end of day two, which is definitely plausible because I'm really enjoying the tone and concept of the novel so far.

I hope everyone else has a successful first day of their BookTubeAThon! You can all look forward to another update tomorrow night. Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment